Friday, November 5, 2010

Apartment Post #1: My Apartment!

I still don't have internet in my apartment, so I am taking advantage of the wifi here at La Tetería (one of my FAVORITE places in Santiago) for a quick post introducing my new apartment!

I currently live in Barrio Bellavista, Santiago. It is a bit further downtown from where I lived before, and a much younger area that is basically a nonstop carrete (party) at night, so there's lots of accessible nightlife. This is perfect for me, the old lady that I am who cannot keep up with Chileans that party until 6 or 7am. This way, I can go home when I want -- and I don't even have to pay cab fare!

The apartment building is gorgeous and brand new, and comes fully equipped with a pool, event room, TV room, and lavandería (laundry room), which was lacking at my last place. There was a washing machine in my old apartment, but no dryer, which was pretty crazymaking for my spoiled self. Now my laundry is done in a couple of hours instead of a couple of days! Ah, creature comforts...

My apartment is walking distance from the Cerro San Cristóbal, where you can find a beautiful view, mote con huesillo (a sweet Chilean drink/snack), barbecue pits, and the Santiago Zoo. It's also a good hike...for people who like hiking. My depto is an even closer to walk to Parque Forestal, a beautiful place to sit or stroll, and an area that I can't wait to explore more.

Here are some photos of the apartment as it came -- bare as a baby's bottom. At the moment, it does not look like this -- it looks more like cyclones had made their way to Santiago, specifically to the 10th floor my apartment building. I did manage to get the basics in place (bed, refrigerator, light bulbs), but it is still lacking in the furniture department, and technically speaking, it is a freaking mess. When it is all finished and pretty, I'll post some after pictures. For now, I hope you enjoy these!










1 comment:

  1. this pad is awesome & the location sounds totally sick! i'm so happy for you!!

    ReplyDelete